Wednesday, October 21, 2009

John Owen on Psalm 130

Verses 7,8
"Herein have I found that rest, peace, and satisfaction unto my soul, that I cannot but invite and encourage others in the like condition to take the same course with me. Let, then, all the Israel of God, all that fear Him, learn this of me, and from my experience. Be not hasty in your distresses, despond not, despair not, turn not aside unto other remedies; but hope in the Lord: for I can not, in an especial manner, give testimony unto this, that there is mercy with Him suited unto your relief. Yea, whatever your distress be, the redemption that is with Him is so bounteous, plenteous, and unsearchable, that the undoubted issue of your performance of this duty will be, that you shall be delivered from the guilt of all your sins and the perplexities of all your troubles."

The Works of John Owen, Vol. 6, pp. 328,329

No comments: